- Show courtesy and respect by following all directions from administration, faculty, and staff.
- Appropriate behavior is expected in the classroom, hallway, cafeteria, on school grounds, and during all school sponsored activities.
- All faculty and staff are to be addressed as Miss, Ms., Mrs., or Mr. and at no time by just their first or last name.
- Be considerate of all school property and the property of other students.
- Keep our school clean. Use the trashcans provided.
- Please walk on the right side in the hallways, do not block the middle of the hallway, and do no not run in the hallways
- Handholding and other public displays of affection are not permitted at school
You are to adhere to all Nebo School District policies including: Student Dress and Grooming Standards, Closed Campus Policy, Attendance and Citizenship Policy, Safe School Policy, Tobacco, Alcohol, and Drug Policy, and Sexual Harassment Policy
- Be prepared with all necessary materials (books, pencil, paper, planner, etc).
- Follow the directions of your teacher.
- Complete all assignments on time.
- Please ask for help from your teacher when you are unsure about what to do.
- Do not talk or whisper when the teacher is talking, another student is presenting information, the group is in study, or during tests or quizzes.
- Each classroom will be clean before the students leave, do your part.
- Do not leave the classroom at any time without the teacher’s permission and your Hall Pass.
- ALL visitors must be cleared through the front office and wear the required visitor badge. Students not enrolled in Payson Junior High School may not come to school as a guest of other students.
- Parking Lots
- Students are not to linger in parking areas.
- Surveillance Cameras
- Cameras are located in various areas of the school to help ensure the safety of students and staff. Information gathered as a result of this surveillance may be used to enforce disciplinary action for students in violation of school policies.
A locked outside area is provided on the East side of the building. It is locked at the beginning of the day and unlocked at the end of the school day.
- Please walk your bike on school property.
- A bicycle rack is provided, but you are responsible to bring a lock.
- Payson Jr. High School is not responsible for the security of your bike.
- Rollerblades, Skateboards, and Scooters
- No riding rollerblades, skateboards, scooters, or Healie shoes on school property.
- This includes the concrete areas in front and back of the school
- Our counselors are Mrs. Adams, Mrs. Elliott, Mrs. Mangum and Mr. Rather
- The counseling department offers the following services:
- Orientation of new students
- Registration of all students
- Individual and group counseling
- Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences
- Guidance counseling in the areas of personal counseling, high school graduation requirements, college preparation, career planning, and SEOP’s
- Student recognition and achievement awards.
- See Mrs. Vellinga for an appointment with a counselor.
- You will be called out of class later in the day.
- Schedule Changes
- There is a $5.00 fee for any requested class changes after August 14th. This fee will remain in effect for the entire year.