This information has been developed to help you become familiar with the facilities, activities, and guidelines concerning Payson Junior High school. Please take the time to read each section so that you become aware of items that pertain to you. Our challenge and hope for you is that you leave PJHS more successful and better prepared for the future than when you arrived. I have also attached a copy of our Student Handbook if you would like to know more.
At Payson Junior High School we are dedicated to academic success, social integrity, and responsible citizenship.
PJHS Belief Statements:
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- Curriculum and instructional practices should incorporate a variety or learning activities to accommodate differences in learning styles.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Education is a shared responsibility of the individual, family, school, and community.
- Student learning is the chief priority of the school.
Desired Results for Student Learning:
- A Successful Learner understands student responsibility, accesses knowledge through resources and research, and applies that knowledge in academic and real-life situations.
- A student with Social Integrity develops character traits that promote respect among him/herself, others and property.
- A Responsible Citizen engages in democratic principles that respect diversity and becomes an active participant in both school and community through service to others and involvement in the formation of a positive school culture.
Items needed for enrollment:
- Verification of your address (2-3 forms required) Indicating your residence is in PJHS boundary area. i.e. Current utility bill, rental or mortgage agreement, current vehicle registration, current payroll stub, etc.
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Records
- Withdrawal form with grades from previous school.
- Legal Documentation of guardianship and physical custody of child you are enrolling if you are divorced from the other biological parent or if you are not the biological parent.