Attendance at school is required by state law. All absences must be excused by a parent within 2 days after the initial day of absence. Exceptions must be appealed in writing to the School Community Council.
Students must attend each class, on time every day unless properly excused
- Medical appointments
- Family emergencies
- Pre-approved family vacation
Absences must be excused within 2 days of absence by:
- Telephone (Please call 465-6015) or a signed note from a parent
Checking Out of School
- A parent must come into the office to check you out of school if you become ill or have a doctor/dentist appointment to attend.
Make-Up Work as a Result of an Excused Absence
- You are expected to make up any missed work when you are absent.
- You are responsible to contact your teacher to find out what needs to be completed.
- If you are going to be absent for several days, you need to make arrangements to pick up your assignments before so you will not fall behind.
- Teachers may not allow makeup work as a result of an unexcused absence.
Attendance and Academic Grades
- Attendance may be counted for as much as 20% of your academic grade.
- The attendance factor may be greater than 20% in the following classes: band, orchestra, choir, dance and P.E.